Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Special Memory For My Head's Retirement Book

Hi everyone,

I am still looking for inspiration!! I need to compile something for my head's retirement 'Special memories' book. I really want to come up with something fantastic and original, it can be a poem, photo, a memory etc. She is a truely inspirational person who is the heart of our school and will be sorely missed. I wondered if anyone has done something similar. I have been trawling web sites for an appropriate poem, thought I could start there. It can be funny, she has a great sense fun and humour.

Thanks

Munch

Can you get hold of any of Peter Dixon's poetry - lots of it is very good and very early years orientated...there might be something there? :o

I have found some of Peter Dixon's poems on line but the one I quite liked was from a book called The Colour of my Dreams but I cannot find it in full and Amazon are not selling the book. So I will keep on looking.

Munch

Has anyone suggested the one that begins "in a hundred years no-one will know what kind of car you drove..." or something like that? Have it on disk somewhere but dont' know what its called or who wrote it. Probably 'anon'.

Maz

Hi Munch

Just wanted to see it you found anything suitable for your head. My headteacher is retiring too at the end of this term and I am desperately looking for some nice words to write in his special book that I am making.

Anyone else got any ideas???

Thanks,

I eventually found a poem by Peter Dixon which sums up my head teachers values. Its called 'The colour of my Dreams'. I also found a nice poem about being special, i think I googled 'special people - poems'

Munch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)