Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Working Walls In Nursery

My school is having a big push on using working walls to develop learning in Numeracy. I was wondering if anyone else used them in Nursery? Any ideas would be appreciated as Im not sure how to set one up!

Here are some of the activities we've done using interactive wall display.

Rocket maths, basically rockets, signs & string. ( we did this during fireworks week)

Ball addition / subtraction, tubes made from A3 Laminate.

Lego boards fixed to the wall, used for making shape pics, 3D shapes ( cubes etc), symmetrical patterns.

Peggy

post-3604-1196594099_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1196594164_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1196594209_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1196594269_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1196594336_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1196594371_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1196594397_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the activities we've done using interactive wall display.

Rocket maths, basically rockets, signs & string. ( we did this during fireworks week)

Ball addition / subtraction, tubes made from A3 Laminate.

Lego boards fixed to the wall, used for making shape pics, 3D shapes ( cubes etc), symmetrical patterns.

Peggy

They look great peggy....this is something I don't have in the nursery :o lack of wall space) have you always done something on these lines??

They look great peggy....this is something I don't have in the nursery :( lack of wall space) have you always done something on these lines??

I must admit I don't usually 'plan' for wall interactive displays, they just seem to happen spontaneously. xD . Normally thought of in my sleep at around 3am :o:(

I am lucky that my wall space is the whole length of the hall, both sides, at child height. The children often decide to 'display' their creations and are able to put them up as and when they want to as well as more adult created things like the rocket number lines etc.

Peggy

p.s. Mrsb, The lego boards are fixed with velcro and are put away each day, so all you need is a tiny, tiny area to stick a small square of velcro on. :o . Mind you, I do know that even the smallest piece of velcro or blue tac is a no no in many halls. xD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)