Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Managers Post

I am helping the committee find a manager! What do you think are the right qualifications?One lady has come forward.

She has managed a preschool for two years,has had a care inspection.

Preschool closed in July, has not worked since

Has a NNEB done four SEN courses not up to date with First aid and apart from SEN courses no others.

As the post has been vacant since Christmas the committee are keen to take her but if she is not up to date with courses I am not too sure?Advice please .

Hi Oldtimer

if you think shes right for the job then take her on and get her on the courses she needs to update as soon as they become available.....

The only others real important ones are child protection and some sort of ELG training and the new 12 hr 1st aid course....

I would hate to think you turn her away just for that reason.... :o

The CRB checks we have applied for recently have been returned pretty quickly, now. I think if you feel she is the right person for the job, and you are confident that she will be motivated to improve her practice through attending courses and setting up initiatives of her own, I'd offer her the job. I really believe anyone can improve their knowledge of the necessary, but not every applicant has that "ooomph" we look for! :D

Bearing in mind it could be a year before she could get to attend all the necessary courses on Child Protection, First Aid, Planning, Observations, Assessments, Health and Safety, etc. would she be able to do the job adequately without the training?

If she has managed a Pre-School up to last July she must have some experience/training in the above.

What were your impressions on meeting her? It would be a shame to take somebody on out of desperation. Has the job been widely advertised?

Good luck with this.

I have not met her.Only been invited to attend a meeting as I have been a manager and as one mother says knows what they are talking about!!She is being seen again and although was asked to attended have not been asked by chair!Watch this space!