Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff With A Child In The Nursery

We don't have a policy - just some guidance. It states that the staff member cannot work in the same room as their child, and that it is fine to pop in and see them on your break, as long as you ask the room supervisor first if it is convenient. It also says mentions equal opps, e.g. if other children see you picking up your child, etc, how will you ensure that they receive attention too?

I think that is about all.

I work in a pre-school that my son also went to, the plan was not to work on his 'official' sessions but due to staff sickness/training etc, sometimes I had to. Most of the times we were there together I never saw him for dust. The only problem I had was some staff wouldn't tell him of incase they upset HIM. It isn't something I did through choice but through circumstances. I actually left the setting after I had him but my boss wanted me back and it felt good to be appreciated.

Karrie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)