Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Play Plan

They look great. They would be too much for us in a large nursery. Our Play Plans are very simple, with only a small number of 'targets' on - otherwise they would never be achieveable, and staff would never have time to work on them all - having about 20 keyworker children each.

I think they are really good, especially as you are a child minder and don't have lots of other children, as Shelley said they would need adapting for large groups.

How did you decide what the boy in the plan needed to achieve, are these targets based on observations? What do you then do if he completes a tower of bricks, does this get ticked off a sheet? Do you still put bricks out again if he wants to revisit the activity?

On the plan you may need to change the resource section to 'show him how to stand on one leg' and under targets for KUW 'Build a tower that balances'. In the Play Plan Review you may need to change the wording slightly to 'Things that still need working on'. I don't want you to be offended, as I am slightly dyslexic I notice when things look a little out of place as I have to check my own work over and over again!!

Why did you choose to allow two months for the plan? Do you plan every 2 months for the children?

Keep up the good work

Teri

Yes i am a childminder i do it with my mum

We look after 6 children under 5 during the week there dont all come at the same time

and there all around the same age between 2 and half and 3 and half.

I decide what there tragets was going to be by looking at the eray years foundation stage develpment mattars targets as thats what im working from i just looked to see what things i know the can do do i didnt pick them ones i then looked at the stuff what there still need help doing

And teri with the bricks one if he still wonts to play build with bricks after the target has been mat he can do and i havent got that far about ticking it off not throught about that bit yet any suggeustings?

and i did it for 3months becouse im doing it for my NVQ3 and thats how long there said to do it for but if you think about 3months isnt that long really. but if there have mat all the tagets before the date i set to review i will do it before

thanks for all your comments was all really helpfull

Oh and i have changed it around seen i posted that play plan

play_plan.doc

• 2 weeks later...
They look great. They would be too much for us in a large nursery. Our Play Plans are very simple, with only a small number of 'targets' on - otherwise they would never be achieveable, and staff would never have time to work on them all - having about 20 keyworker children each.

could you show me an example of your play play. we are in the simular situation with 13 children each and wanting as little paperwork as poss.

thanks

angela

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)