Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E115 Open Universitycourse!

jennac

Hi there!

I ahve just started E115, and would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, with regards to collecting evidence for my PEF folder. I need to collect evidence to do with Early Years Learning Outcomes 1,3 and 7. Could some one please give me some advice on where to go with this!

Many thanks, Jenna

Hi Jenna

The evidence for your PEF is the evidence for your EYCLO's this is quite personal for your setting for example some of my evidence for EYCLO 1 was a apprasail form which showed I was evaluating and updating my skills and knowledge with my Manager. I also used activities from E115 which involved updating and evaluating my skills, also included a training certificate,personal training plan and evaluation form I had done on the setting. Hope this helps and makes sense. If you need any more help message me and I will be pleased to give you more examples

Hi Jennac

Good luck with E115. I did it when it was presented for the first time and I found it took a while to 'get into'. Suddenly faced with all the acronyms of PEF. WBLF, and of course the dear old EYCLO's. It does all fall into place I promise and before you know it you will be recognising pieces of evidence you would never have thought of :o

Has you tutor told you about cross referencing? You will find that some pieces of evidence can be used more than once providing of course, they meet the EYCLO criteria. Your evidence is in two forms really 1.) listed on the front of the EYCLO and described on the back 2) Filed in your PEF when it has been confirmed by your confirmer (until then it should be in your WBLF)

As for what you actually use for evidence - well it is literally almost anything! When looking at what to include you need to ask yourself how 'strong' it is. For example I did use Certificates of attendance from various courses but I later changed these where I could to something I felt was better/stronger. To me a certificate of attendance really only reflects the fact that you attended a course but little else ( could have slept all the way through it!)

I highly recommend that you familiarise yourself with the PPA's for each EYCLO - there really are a great help in deciding whether an item of evidence fits the bill.

I have just rooted out my EYCLO's that I submitted for my E215 ECA (yes you meet them again in E215!) for EYCLO 1 for 1.2 I had a copy of a confirmation email from OFSTED showing I had subscribed to receive daily alerts and their quarterly newsletter. this reflects my practice/ability to 'establish and implement procedures to review and update current knowledge and practice' and of course being a member of this forum illustrates this element too. FOr 1.4 I had a copy of my setting's Equal Ops policyand a reflection diary account of how I adapted provision to meet the needs of a child with specific physical needs.

for 1.3 I had an assessment document that I devised for recording children's progress and development in the use of computers and associated terminology. My other evidence came from activities/investigations during E115/215 so I haven't listed them as you are not that far on yet.

Things may have changed but at this stage in the course I think you are only expected to have one piece of evidence for each element of each EYCLO but don't take my word for it! It should be clearly laid out in the course material.

EYCLO 3 - Initially this may seem daunting but when you really reflect on your practice you will find evidence I promise! For 3.1 do you work with any outside agencies? how do you develop working relationships with your colleagues? This forum is ideal again! for 3.2 'share information and skills with other professionals' we all do that here! so print off a discussion you have participated in - just remember to annoymise it.

EYCLO 7 Gosh! I am sure you will find lots - how do you share information with parents? do you have home/setting diaries? do you have an admissions policy/intial child information form, child profiles???

You can also use any relevant discussions from first class but you need to seek permission from your fellow students.

I had an 'evidence box' and I literally threw anything and everything into it and when I came to complete an EYCLO I was amazed at what I actually had! Perhaps it is a case of not looking to hard and quite basic/simple things will fit the bill. You have plenty of opportunity to update your evidence as your studies progress.

Sorry if I have prattled on but hope it helps, if you need to know more please shout! I haven't listed all the things I used because all my evidence was submitted at the end of E215 and quite a bit comes directly or indirectly from the later parts of 115 and my study and research carried out in E215.

Have you found first class helpful? and hopefully you have a supportive tutor, he/she should be giving advice about gathering evidence as E115 can appear to be a bit of a minefield in the early days.

I do hope you are enjoying it, I found the first few weeks quite heavy going but then the 'fog' cleared and I really really enjoyed it - good luck I am sure you will be fine xD

Hi there!

I ahve just started E115, and would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, with regards to collecting evidence for my PEF folder. I need to collect evidence to do with Early Years Learning Outcomes 1,3 and 7. Could some one please give me some advice on where to go with this!

Many thanks, Jenna

Hi Jenna,

I am a Childminder, so my evidence might not be appropriate for you, but some of the things I used were: EYCLO 1 - An ECA from E124, E115 enrollment letter, the results of the questionaires you have done for the course, various workshop attendance certificates. EYCLO 3 - records of phone calls to other professionals, a care plan for a disabled child, letters from other professionals. EYCLO 7 - child record forms (blank!!), daily diary, record of conversations and workshop certificates again.

Hope this helps! Once you have done the first lot it all gets a lot easier - you start to see evidence in all sorts of things. Just remember to invest in a few trees worth of paper, and a ton of ink in preparation for all the printing you will be doing!! Good luck,

Sarah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)