Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Earliest Date

skippy

Hi there,

I'd personally do it asap, as these things take ages anyway, but for further sdvice I would contact your Area Senco.

Good luck

I would definately go for it as early as you possibly can as it takes so long anyway. We have started the rpocess with a child in our Nursery. We identified him on day 1 of his induction back in July (don't get me started on why he wasn't pickedup at playgroup) xD

4 months down the line we have only just had the Ed physc to visit and she will do a formal obs mis November and then return in January for a review. Our SENCO says that the likely hood of a statement and funding won't come before he moves into Reception and we would more likely be looking at mid year1 !!! What are we doing for these children? :o

Anyway... please do excuse the rant but the message is as soo as you possbly can to get the ball rolling. Good Luck

Same experiences here.We are identifying children early in nursery and they are not getting help until year 1 or 2!!!

Start as soon as you can.If you can't formally do it yet use the time to gather your evidence.Make IEP's-do detailed observations be ready so you can set wheels in motion as early as allowed.

Start as soon as possible! I work in a Children's Centre and we've just successfully pilotted a scheme whereby any professional working with a child and family in the community - health visitor, early years practitioner, family support worker, etc.etc who has concerns over a child's development (aged 2+) can refer him/her to a small weekly group that I run with one of the outreach workers - this gives us an opportunity to work with, observe and assess this child over a number of weeks and decide whether wheels need to be set in motion for further assessment of some kind.

The EYSEN advisor who covers our Children's Centre is heralding the idea as a real success and an excellent example of multi-agency working and says that it is leading to much earlier identification and intervention of individual children's needs.

So the sooner the better! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)