Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Leader

Hi, Need some information please. I am Teacher in Charge of a maintained nursery at the moment and oversee the foundation curriculum. Have been asked to take over as Foundation Leader completely. i am curious to know if any other Foundation Leaders get extra pay for this role? the person who has been doing this role is paid for it but also has a lot of other responsibilities(through choice).

thanks

Profiling, performance management, observations, new parent/schildren evening, assessment, dealing with behaviour and liasing with parents(this could be interesting as the nusery is not attached to the main building!) Foundation team meetings, I'm sure there will be more. Have not seen the list since last time I was asked to do it but it filled an A4 sheet!

It would depend on the size of the school and hence the team, and the priorities in the SDP. I would certainly try and ask for it, even if they say no, and if you are given the job without appointment so tot speak you may well have to do it unpaid initially (as I have done in the past). If your KS1 and 2 coordinators get a TLR and have about the same amount of children then you have a good case.

I used to get TLR2a for 39 place nursery and 2 full Rs. plus the biggest team in the school. My colleagues somehow managed to get TLR2b so it was always a contentious issue for me. Good luck though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)