Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Disney Activities For Year 2's

I'm a student and am currently researching Walt Disney and Disney characters and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on activities that would be suitable for Year 2 National Curriculum children also these ideas should be fit for a final display. Any ideas? Get back to me quickly if you can....

Cheers

Hi

writing a story, story strip about a character? retell or own?

listing/ defining charateristics after observation/viewing?

drawing, painting, collage?

flip books? comic strip?

history of Disney, of a character?

take them to Disneyland??? (probably not but a truely wonderful experience and good for the imagination).

designing a theme park/ ride?

thats my starter, someone else might be able to think of more? :o

Cheers for those Susan...

Had already thought of flip books but the comic strip sounds fantastic for both creativity and literacy.

If anyone else has any further ideas please don't hesitate to put them forward. I've just started my national curriculum placement and am still unsure about what is and isn't appropriate for their age group 7 yrs so any ideas would be gladfully recieved. :D

Perhaps after designing the theme park they could actually make it. We may a teddy land once with our pre-schoolers. They had to think of different sorts of rides that our soft toys could go on and then we made them. We had boat rides, a carousel, swings, slides etc. They then bought tickets for themselves and a teddy. I realise this is probably not quite right for 7 year olds but they could do something on a smaller scale.

Linda

Absolutely Linda! Forget teddy perhaps.

I think our yr 2 usually make wells at this time of year-after SATS if I remember with rotating handles and buckets going up and down.

Check the DT guidelines and adapt?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)