Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Glup

Hi,

I think you may mean gloop, which I think is the same as ooblick?

Ooblick is a mix of cornflour and water, you add the water and colouring to the cornflour until it is runny. (like icing).

You can pull and push this mixture, sometimes it is runny, sometimes it is hard!

hope this helps.

Meanwhile I'll continue to think on it.

Ooblick Susan?? Never heard it called that! Incidently I sometimes add different essences to it to scent it and the children love it with glitter or sequins in too. :D

I used to use something I called gloop, INCREDIBLY messy xD but glorious fun :(. It was sort of like a cake mixture ... - Will try to find the recipe :o

And, no, I can't think why it has fallen out of favour with me - maybe the tidy-up factor? :(

Sue :D

Hi someone told me it was cornflour and water.

Had a go on monday and the children loved it.

Thanks for all your help

Another version of gloop is old fashioned flour and water made watery and with paint colours added. You can put it in washing up liquid bottles and then squirt it on paper in snakey patterns. I think it dries hard. I will try to find the recipe but its been a long time.........

Hi all!

Have, after much searching, found what I think is the recipe I was on about earlier -

4 cups self-raising flour

1 cup sugar (any sort, but granulated is nice and grainy :( )

1 cup salt

2 cups cold water

Mix till it forms a dough.

PLAY :DxD:o

But, as I said before, it's really sticky and messy. Yum!

In same collection of scraps I found an old note reminding me of cornflour gloop combined with cooked pasta (- a pre-waxed/greased tray means that patterns you make will keep their shape). Interesting for a try! I'd completely forgotten that one. Hmm, suppose it's possible to be in one job too long! :(

Sue :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)