Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quotes

Can anybody help me, i have a quote in my assignment but i haven't put where i got it from, i'm sure i got it from learning through play by tina bruce, i have tried the library at college and my local and they are all out on loan, Does anybody know if there is a website where you can access the text.

Hi It says maragret Macmillian said "free activity involves the provision of spontaneous and purposeful activity in spacious open-air conditions"

can you not type it into google and see what happens? I have done this before and most of the time, you get linked to the scholar site on google. HTH

Go into Google Books search and type in the whole quote - it will find the book for you! You can display the page, write down the quote in its entirety and then check out the copyright details for your bibliography!

Maz

HappyMaz and Beau, you are amazing, I had no idea you could do that, I'll have to remember that when I do my next assignment.

Sal

Its also really good for looking in books before you order them from Amazon when they don't have 'search inside' available!

Happy quote hunting...

Maz

not that you do but be warned about using a quote within the body of your work not as a quote but as your work tutors can too google a quote and they check for plagiarism this way

not that you do but be warned about using a quote within the body of your work not as a quote but as your work tutors can too google a quote and they check for plagiarism this way

Absolutely - and often tutors can recognise quotes anyway because they see them so often. I remember marking an assignment once thinking that it looked very familiar. I did the google search and found nothing. Then I realised she'd included the text of one of my own handouts almost word for word!

Very flattering that learners hang on your every word, but probably not wise to take it that far :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)