Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents!

Just a thought, what is the silliest(in your opinion!)thing a parent has fussed about.

My colleague, let a child out to her Dad one day last week. He went bonkers and came back into the setting demanding to know what was all down his daughters dress. My colleague explained she had got yoghurt down it during lunch (the tube ones that seem to go in all directions!). Staff had indeed wiped it, but it just keep drying white on dark coloured clothing. He was really cross and went out muttering the "useless" word. Words failed me........To top it all she had been tugging on his jumper to tell him about her picture she was very proud of. He simply folding it small and stuffed it in his pocket.

I had a parent none to happy with me last week, :( we had gone to the park and I had let her child go on the climbing frame :(:( - little did I know she is NOT allowed on the climbing frame "under no circumstance"

I tried very hard to repect the parent's view and asked her reasons and agreed to follow her boundaries - emphaising that she knew best, which all seems fine, you may think only her reasons for not allowing her daughter on the climbing frame under any circumstances were not about safety or some awful experience but ......

"she went on there before and got really dirty" :oxD :wacko: xD

Unfortunately not a 'silly' fuss but 3 yrs ago I had a parent who smacked her child (when he was just around the corner), before entering the preschool ( I found this out later from a witness) on entry she said " See, he doesn't like coming here, he gets upset" :(:oxD He had been attending for over a year but the parent had decided she wanted to move him to another group.

Peggy

I once got a real ticking off from a parent when her daughter got paint on her clothes.....................she told me in no uncertain terms what an idiot i was (her words!!), and how angry she was that the dress was spoiled and what was she to do with it now etc........and she went berserk when I suggested she could keep the dress for playgroup wear only, as it wouldn't matter if it got anything else on it. (BTW, the child HAD been wearing an apron for painting!!) and even though I apologised profusely, mum just went on shouting and calling me an idiot.......''Paint is a stain, you know!!'' etc.........and she stumped off, leaving me open mouthed and rather upset...........she did come back the next day to apologise, said she'd been under a lot of pressure at work and to forgive her, and the dress was old, she realised, of course, that we provided aprons and it was just one of those things.

Mum's job??? She was, and still is, an ART teacher !!!! xD:o:(

About 5 years ago, one child bit another in the preschool. I filled in all the forms I should have, told both parents ect

The bitten childs Mum came in the next morning and said that she wanted the other child to be aids tested, as she had broken her childs skin

Eventually, after I had got to the end of what I could do with this parent , got both Family Doctors involved

The child was not tested after some comon sense talking

The whole thing upset me for some weeks

About ten years agao we used to have a child who's mother must have inspected her from head to toe when she got home, because she then used to ring up the leader after EVERY session and demand to know how she got this bruise or that bruise and was neithr very pleasant or very pleased. However, she did keep her child with us, so we couldn't have been that bad.

P.S. I must add that the very few bruises that the child did get when she was with us were from everyday life, riding bikes and trikes and falling over on a hard floor!!

I am now writing a parents policy (for bad behaviour)...the kids are lovely, it's the adults! :o

Had a parent this week who threatened to make me explain why her child's place had been terminated...I explained about fees not being paid and absences as well as lying to committee about fees!

She then threatened to tell the parents of the children who had taken her place that they has stolen it from an innocent child!

All hot air and big words thank heavens, but it gets a bit stressful when the staff and I are prepared to action not letting a parent onto the premises.

xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)