Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Super Hero's

Hi

We are looking at doing a topic on super hero's, as the children are really into spiderman, batman, etc at the moment. I'm having problems coming up with ideas- i thought about making masks, spiders webs, making up super hero rules, drawing their own super hero. but then i seem to have gone brain dead, can anyone give me some pointers.... Thanks

super hero powers - forces - energy, what is invisible? bendy / stretchy powers, each child to think about and have their own power, what would it be, why, how would they use it? Where would it come from, how would they control it? is it good or bad?

How can bad turn to good?

Lots of role play, exploring the powers and their uses.

thinking 'outside the box'

Peggy

Thanks peggy, trying to go with the children's interests but finding it hard,have lots of boys this year, who all seem to be into super hero's..... thought i might try channeling this energy!!!! if you know what i mean..... Thanks for all your ideas and advice, thankyou

Superheroes need some sort of base to hang out in complete with all the latest gadgets. Boys usually love magnifiers, binoculars, telescopes, mobile phones, walkie talkies etc. You could hide stolen gems in the sand tray and go on a treasure hunt looking for clues. :o

There is a great book which my pre-schoolers loved. It's called Traction Man, afraid I dont know author or publisher. You might have to simplify the story but it went down a treat.

other comments reminded me our boys ( and girls) made a paper machie base for their super heroes.

Peggy

found picture. :o

Peggy

post-3604-1194028040_thumb.jpg

There is a great book which my pre-schoolers loved. It's called Traction Man, afraid I dont know author or publisher. You might have to simplify the story but it went down a treat.

Our children love this one too - even the smallest got the joke - especially the toes in the bath!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)