Jump to content
Home
Forum
Join Us
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Questionnaire


Steve
 Share

Recommended Posts

We posted a link to a questionnaire from the DCFS Primary National Strategies team recently, and many of you responded by filling it out.

 

They have now given us a summary of the results and I thought you'd like to see the main findings:

 

252 people responded, around 23 percent from pre-schools, 20 percent each from reception classes and day nurseries, 16 percent from maintained nursery schools and classes, 8 percent from children's centres and 12.5 percent who were childminders.

 

Of these, around 40 percent were involved in management, 40 percent with the Foundation Stage, around 7 percent with care and Birth to Three. 12 percent were involved with 'Curriculum'.

 

Most (80%) had heard about the EYFS a year previously, with 16 percent having heard about it in the last three months (the survey ran during July 2007).

 

86% had a printed copy of the pack, with the following feedback on how useful each component of the pack was:

 

Cards - 95% find them useful or very useful, with the other 5% finding it not very useful or not at all useful.

 

 

Statutory Framework - 97% find it useful or very useful, with the other 3% finding it not very useful or not at all useful.

 

Practice Guidance - 98.7% find it useful or very useful, with the other 1.3% finding it not very useful or not at all useful.

 

CD Rom - 95% find it useful or very useful, with the other 5% finding it not very useful or not at all useful.

 

Poster - 78% find it useful or very useful, with the other 22% finding it not very useful or not at all useful.

 

Two thirds to one third had accessed the EYFS materials online, with 91% finding this very useful or fairly useful, and the other 9% not being impressed!

 

There are a few more results but these are the main findings. We'd be interested in hearing from any of you who have been contacted about taking part in the stakeholder panel after submitting the questionnaire!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)