Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Books About Journeys

Our topic for the next half-term is Journeys. Can anyone recommend any suitable stories for this theme, apart from Rosie's Walk, Going on a Bear Hunt and Mr Gumpy's Outing?

Have you seen the book called "The Journey"? Its about a little boy who loses his sailing boat, the journey it takes and how he eventually finds it again at the seaside. It's a lovely story. I think it's written by Neil Griffiths the story sack man.

What about Whatever next?

Linda

Just thought of another tho I can't remember the title!! It's one of the Little Bear books-where little bear and big bear are walking in the forest back to their cave. It has some lovely vocabulary in it as little bear hears the noises all around. If nobody else comes up with the title this evening I will let you know tomorrow.

Linda

Thank you everyone for the ideas. Linda, is The Journey a book that is readily available from bookshops as I've not heard of the story sack man?

Little Bean's Holiday, by John Wallace.

Little Bean (a small girl) is packing to go on holiday. She tries to pack everything.....teddy, bucket and spade, toolkit, slide, etc etc! Repacks with help from Mum and goes to the seaside on holiday.

A good book for this time of year :)

Thank you Libby.

I don't think so Anita but if you stick Story sacks into a search then you can go to the website and order from there or ask for a catalogue. You don't have to buy the sacks you can just buy the books if you want. Actually, I have just found an old invoice so here are the details

Storysack Ltd

Resource House

Kay Street

Bury

BL9 6BU

Tel 0161 763 6232

email storysack@cs.com

www.storysack.co.uk

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)