Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Display Letters

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

I currently make a banner on publisher or cut round wooden letters to make my display titles.Is there such a programme that you can type in the title eg Russian dolls and choose a font say comic sans and size and print out the letters to cut out.

i realise a s I type i could do this myself but it would take time.I would also like jazzy prints and colours.

I have used Sparklebox letters before and photocopied the extra letters...took ages :o

Thanks Tinkerbell

I used FontFace.com for 'themed lettering' but thats downloading a font onto your font list in word etc then type the banner as normal.I keep coloured printer papers in brights & pales and print straight onto them and cut out (or should I say I pay pocket money rewards to the kids for cutting out :o )

I type the letters for display in Word, set in 'outline. on the 'Format' dropdown, and print out on coloured paper. You can set the font size at 600 and get a letter on one piece of paper, sometimes you need to put a box in first to fit the letter on the page. I then cut out the letters on the outline line, then back them on to another colour and cut round them. You can then laminate them which brings out the colours and means you can use them again. It's good if you want to use a variety of fonts with differnt colours to the paper you have to cut round the wooden letters.

I download free fonts from a site on google and copy them into the fonts on my laptop (Control Panel, Appearance and Themes, Fonts). Try it and see - it makes your displpays very striking and the bigger the letters the more space on your board they take up!!!

Regards

Pooh9

Welcome to the forum Pooh9 - thanks for the advice.

I do much the same - and more often than not print them out on white paper and get the children to decorate them. They look great - especially when they use crayons because the colours look great when laminated. Of course if they colour them in to decorate you have to allow for when they go over the lines or ignore the lines altogether! But then that's the joy of pre-schoolers - and they always proudly point out to their grown ups which of the letters they made.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)