Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eid

Guest Dee

Hi there everyone

Hope you are all enjoying your half term :o

I have spent a lot of it getting my profiles up to date, but it does feel great to get on top of things.

Now I have to think about planning for next week. We are doing Celebrations this half term, starting with 'Eid'. Do any of you lovely people have any ideas???

Feeling a bit brain dead xD

Scholastic Festival Fun book is a good source of ideas for all the festivals across the year.I downloaded some free example sheets from it on the scholastic web site including-Eid display ideas, Ramadan cross-curricular ideas and lovely little song-5 Little Eid card.Its a while ago but worth checking the site?

Eid was on the 12th Oct so we've done ours.

Tracing cards for mendi-draw around an adult hand and deorate with brown felt-tip flower patterns.

Eid cards with glitter and geometric shapes.

Taste tested some asian sweets and made lassi with our milk

We did some work on favourite clothes/new clothes as the children get new clothes and money.

Tesco's had some Eid cards and I'll be buying Diwali cards there as examples and for display.

In the past we have made chappiti's

Minds gone blank now! (half term memory loss)

Ikea have a new range of postcards which I have a large collection of laminated for display and craft inspiration.Theres a lovely set of brightly coloured asian themed ones-chilli's-sari shop etc great value at 5 for £2 as educational suppliers charge alot for 'art' cards.

Hope that helps

Ikea have a new range of postcards which I have a large collection of laminated for display and craft inspiration.Theres a lovely set of brightly coloured asian themed ones-chilli's-sari shop etc great value at 5 for £2 as educational suppliers charge alot for 'art' cards.

Hope that helps

Ooh thanks for this - going to Ikea tonight so at least I'll have something on my list....

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)