Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

I have recently taken over as Supervisor of a sessional pre-school and the office is full of past planning? What do you do with yours? and how long do you keep it?

Thank you

Jennix

Usually keep mine for a year, do like to look at it the next year on in case something worked really well and I want to do it again - or if it didn't! I am in a reception class although I cant imagine it would be all that different from you. Assessment records are kept and passed on with the children although that is different from planning.

As we have had a big overhaul in our planning this last 2 years I havent now got any planning from how we used to do it! However as ofste dwere due last year i did keep some of our old planning to show how we had moved on and why!

What i tend to do now is keep it a year as liz so i can look at it incase it can help then after that half term i replace it with the new set.And then you always have a year in your file.

I agree with what others have said! How long ago did Ofsted last come? If you're due a visit I should keep the most recent - say over the last year/18 months - but maybe bin the rest? But have a good look through to make sure that you're not discarding any valuable ideas or resources first! :o

Mine is on my computer so it goes back to the year dot. Usually scrap the hard copies. It is useful to have it on the laptop - so when someone is looking for an activity plan for boat building or volcano making I can usually find one!

Hoarding has its benefits - but only when the only space taken up is disk space!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)