Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Student Calling For Help.

Hello everyone. :D

I hope that your all ok, this is my first post ever, i only found this site last week, and only just managed to get the time to post. :o

Well i am doing a six week curriculm plan as part of the last module in my course- (then hopefully i will pass and qualify....whoohoo lol)

The thing is, we are only allowed to concentrate on one area of development (yea i thought it was a little strange too concidering we are suppose to cater for all the areas) But anyway i have choosen to do physical development but my problem being, my placements theme for the next 6 weeks is minibeasts and my planning needs to fit in with theirs.

I also have to create 3 detailed plans but im struggling to come up with activites to cover the full six weeks.

I would be greatful is anyone can suggest any. Or if anyone knows of any good early years resource/activity site

Thank you all in advance

Hi theer coolkitty, welome on board and thanks for making your first post.

You dont say what you are studying.

Will give it some thoughts and come up with some ideas

:D

Hello CoolKitty.

One activity that I have carried out with my recpetion class this term (of 33!) is to explore how different minbeasts move. We explored how to move like the different minibeasts. Then in pairs the children have explored linking movements of different minibeasts together to create a short movement piece. We also considered moving at different levels and speeds depending on which minibeasts they were being.

Another idea was to dance/drama the life cycle of a butterfly. WE starting as an egg on a leaf and emerged from an egg. Then looked for food and ate leaves, wrapping ourselves into cocoons and finally emerging as a beautiful butterfly. My kids loved these activities. Hope they can help in some way.

Lynsey

The only things I can think of off the top of my head are for fine motor skills. Making finger puppets - perhaps butterflies? Making snails out of clay. My other thought was the same as Lyndsey - movements such as crawling like a worm, jumping like a grasshopper etc. Will continue to ponder whilst I make the dinner!! Good luck. :)

Guest Betty

Hi coolkitty

You don't say what course you are doing, but it does sounds similar to the DPP module 2.

Are you going to plan to a theme as this would give you a starting point?

I choose mathematical development for my curriculum plan and based my activities around the theme of Food.

There are lots of sites you could try for activities l like DLTK and everything pre-school. There are lots more. If you have any ideas then perhaps someone could help more.

good luck

BB :)

Have you had a look at the case study for a mini-beast obstacle course in the Foundation Stage Profile handbook?. There's only one session but it could so easily lead to a small series of related PD sessions.

Good idea too about making the finger puppets as fine motor PD plays just as an important role as the gross motor stuff

best of luck and enjoy!

Liza :)

Hello Coolkitty,

Are you able to go on a nature hunt to look for the beasties. Lots of physical !!!!

This remins me of something funny that a child said to me. We were all set to on a walk and one of the children asked to do another activity so I said maybe we can do it when we comeback. I went over to the cupboard to lock it and one of the children thought I was going to get a toy out called a walk!!!!!

Hi coolkitty,

Welcome aboard, you'll love it here!

I have loads of ideas, unfortunately everyone has beaten me to it!!!!!

I have not been into the site yet today, is my excuse - others may not believe this, but it's true! :o

Have fun, anyway and good luck with the studies.

Sue :D

hi sasy here welcome :o we done mini beasts and i got some perspects with corn flower and put the snails on and the children watched the snails move alone and eat the corn flower if you lift up the perspects you can see the snails mouth open to eat they loved it. we put plastic mini beasts in sand& water play to get the children to undrestand which mini beasts hide and what ones live in water good luck hope this helps sassy

HI Coolkitty, seem to have missed your post last week so welcome aboard! :D

Hi to you too Sassy if I haven't already met you, which I don't think I have :o

you could make wonderful caterpillars with overlapping circles, children could draw, colour, cut and stick the circles.

Butterflies are a wonderful way to explore symmetry too- perhaps finger painting them and folding over! Good hand eye coord to fold.

(fine motor control, handling tools etc = PD)

Have fun! :D

we have spent aweek on mini beasts, on bee day the children made honey sandwiches,spreading and cutting their own sandwiches. great fun easy to do and interesting to watch.you could tell the children that haven`t helped in the kitchen before!

maddy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)