Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Self Evaluation/audit

hi all I would like to start a self-evaluation and audit of our strengths, weaknesses, provision etc. in our nursery. Has anyone got a proforma that I could use to begin this please? Or has anyone done one of these before?

I feel I am barely keeping my head above water at the moment and could do with some help

thankyou

apple

Hi apple, The resources I have placed in the Resource Library are for the Ofsted SEF. Many LA's are carrying out quality assurance audits which go beyond the SEF, in my setting we have just been audited by our EYATS using a scheme called ECERS, ( type this in google and you should get more info on it).

Be careful that the process doesn't become too cumbersome, especially as you say you feel like your head is only just above water.

Why not devise your own evaluation format, talk with all staff/parents, make it a full group ethos. Set your own quality criteria based on your policies / principles. Actually by evaluating your policies on a rota basis you will cover all your practice, just maybe expand your policies / procedures to include evaluation criteria for each policy, criteria devised by everyone in discussion.

Remember if it is not understood, shared, user friendly etc it will just become a burden and won't enable any development. :o

Peggy

Hi apple, The resources I have placed in the Resource Library are for the Ofsted SEF. Many LA's are carrying out quality assurance audits which go beyond the SEF, in my setting we have just been audited by our EYATS using a scheme called ECERS, ( type this in google and you should get more info on it).

This is a really useful document - ECERS stands for Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale - I think I bought my book from Amazon. I like it because it covers each aspect of the setting and describes what practice looks like on a scale from inadequate to Excellent. So if you're completely honest you can pick the description which most describes your setting and then see what your setting needs to do in order to improve.

The version I have is a revision of the original scales - done by Kathy Sylva, Iram Siraj-Blatchford and Brenda Taggart:

ISBN 10: 1-85856-393-3 or

ISBN 13: 978-1-85856-393-0

Published by Trentham Books - www.trentham-books.co.uk

Maz

hi all I would like to start a self-evaluation and audit of our strengths, weaknesses, provision etc. in our nursery. Has anyone got a proforma that I could use to begin this please? Or has anyone done one of these before?

I feel I am barely keeping my head above water at the moment and could do with some help

thankyou

apple

Hi

Kent have a SEF on their website it is for reception classes but may be useable and not as detailed as the ECERs

http://www.clusterweb.org.uk/ask/earlyyear...y_resources.cfm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)