Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gingerbread Recipe

Getting in front with next half terms planning traditional tales and found most Gingerbread men recipes use a melting method.I've used this cold mix recipe for years and always found it reliable.Much safer with young children so I thought I'd add it to the resource bank.

I also use it for Snowmen to hang on the tree using a a large and small circle cutter which over lap-currents and cherries for the face as usual and that piped ready made icing tubes for scarves and dusted with icing sugar.

Edited by Guest

Hi - thank you for lovely recipe. Just for 'purchasing ingredients' purposes - approx how many gingerbread do the amounts make please? :o thanx

Hi - thank you for lovely recipe. Just for 'purchasing ingredients' purposes - approx how many gingerbread do the amounts make please? :o thanx

Depends on how many the grown-ups 'test' before they get sent home!

Maz

I can't really say how many but its generous.The original recipe said 16 but I used to use this with 20 nursery children and 2 adults easily :o

I can't really say how many but its generous.The original recipe said 16 but I used to use this with 20 nursery children and 2 adults easily :o

Thank you. I will probably double the amount for 30 children and have leftovers for the adults! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)