Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Initiated Play

Help!!

Stupid questions I am sure!?!

But ....

How do you plan for Child Initiated Play?

How do you plan what children are learning?

How do you know that all children achieve objectives in the Child Initiated time?

I am sure I know the answer to these BUT I have been talking to the Governors and I need to clear this up in my head!

Please help!

Hi

This is my own persoanl opinion

but we do not plan for child initiated play the rescources are available within the setting and we follow the childrens lead for example a child whose dog had puppies at the wekend brought in a photo and the children wanted to draw a puupy pic and then they used boxes in the construction area to make beds for the puppys we let the children the learning in a area that interested them. We do not plan what children will learn we observe and evaluate what the enjoy and help support further learning in different areas for example with the puppies we offered books on puppies (language & literacy) puppies to size and weigh (maths) and the children had the opportunity to access these this still ensured they where able to lead and develop their own interests. As you will be aware observing children at play they can achieve a lot of areas but if we feel a child is missing a particular area we may plan a focused activity for that area. Hope that all makes sense and is not a lot of ramble. As I said this is only my personal views on the subject someone else may come along with better suggestions for you

Help!!

Stupid questions I am sure!?!

But ....

How do you plan for Child Initiated Play?

How do you plan what children are learning?

How do you know that all children achieve objectives in the Child Initiated time?

I am sure I know the answer to these BUT I have been talking to the Governors and I need to clear this up in my head!

Please help!

Hi Belle

this is my first posting & from my obs u seem to be pretty confident when it comes to planning....

i would like to ask u about child initiated play & what your medium term plans look like as this is where i struggle.. i say i it is actually the teacher who produces them & i feel she'd feel more comfortable about changing things if we had some ideas to share with her. We have got the weekly's weighed off (we think!!) but finding it difficult to find a link as all that is on medium plans seem to be going out of the window?! :o

i'd really appreciate any advice! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)