Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Final Year Student

Hi Ruth,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for making your first post :o What course are you doing?

Colour, light and celebrations.....a huge topic! Some ideas you might want to consider are:

* Get the children to make a collage of a huge rainbow, and place boxes underneath, one of each colour, and collect items to put in them

* paint pictures and make collages using just one colour, but with a variety of shades (blues or greens look great, and give you scope to talk about how you make colours lighter and darker

* with Nov 5th coming up, there is lots of scope for firework pictures with fluorescent paint and glitter on black paper

* activities for Diwali, too....maybe make clay candle holders?

* get hold of some transparent coloured film (try your art shop); the children love looking at their world through coloured tints

*colour mixing with primary colours (keep to two colours each time, or it'll all end up being brown!)

* get some torches together, a white sheet, and make some stick puppets to put on a show

* do some artwork just using black and white...looks really effective

* Use books like Winnie the Witch or Elmer for some inspiration

* How do colours make you feel? Create some music for yellow!

*Have a rainbow party. Wear every colour,make colourful food, placemats, hats, etc. Play pass the parcel where each layer is a different colour, have a treasure hunt where the children have to find items of every colour.

* Get some paint sample cards from your local DIY shop and find things that match (if you use yellows, reds and greens at this time of year, you can make a brilliant autumn display.)

I'm sure you'll get loads more ideas. Good luck with your planning. How long are you planning for?

HI, thanks everyone for your quick responces. I am Ruths placement class teacher. i ponited her in your direction as i just knew you would be able to help. It is a large topic but she has control to develop it as she wishes.

Hi Ruth, if your about!

Thank you so much Helen for all of those ideas! A great help. I'm doing 4 years- BA (hons) Art and Education and this is my fourth and final practise. I'm planning for six weeks so any help with ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Ruth.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)