Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree Assignment Help

Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips for me on how to write a business plan for a pre-school? I have to do one for my assignment and having difficulty in knowing where to start!!! I have to show understanding of key elements relating to budgets. I work in :o a foundation unit within a primary school so this is all new to me! Can anyone please help?

Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips for me on how to write a business plan for a pre-school? I have to do one for my assignment and having difficulty in knowing where to start!!! I have to show understanding of key elements relating to budgets. I work in :o a foundation unit within a primary school so this is all new to me! Can anyone please help?

MY local EYDCP provided me with a template, which I basically just filled in, and was not as scary as I expected it to be!

Hi all,

You could try the Business Link website - they have lots of information about business start ups, and I'm sure they have downloadable resources explaining how to write a business plan. And I'm sure I've seen a "how to set up a nursery" book - you could ask at your library.

I'm also pretty sure the Pre-school Learning Alliance do a publication about the business side of pre-schools - have a look at their website too. Also the National Day Nurseries Association will have similar publications. Both websites might have factsheets available to download..

Good luck!

Maz

I don't really have a business plan, as such, but I have a budget spreadsheet which tells me how little I earn!!

Headings across the top are potential numbers of children (we are small, so my columns are only 14 to 20 children. The rows include all the information such as staff numbers and income and expenditure, eg number of staff

fees per session

fees per week

fees per year (ie x 38 weeks)

wages per session

wages per week

wages per year (x 38 weeks)

employers NICs

equipment and resources

snacks for children

staff refreshments

costs:

rent

heating lighting

cleaning

water

phone

total income per session

total costs per session

balance per session

balance per week

balance per year

Hope this gives you a start :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)