Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quick Drying Air Dough/clay

:o I am looking for a tried and tested recipe for quick drying dough/clay.

Can anyone help. xD

We are going to make diva lights for diwali and the children need to take them home on the same day.

Any help appreciated.

We've used bog standard air drying clay (from ELC, I think) to make divas which we decorated with sequins etc. They didn't dry during the day, but they still went home with the children on the same day and continued the drying process at home.

I don't know of any clay or dough that will dry quickly. That said, I'm not exactly an expert! Plaster of paris might be an option, although obviously its no good if you want them to be able to manipulate and mould...

Maz

Last year for a pirate theme we were exploring we made gold bullion from salt dough we popped them in the microwave and so hardened very quickly. If you do a t'nternet search for salt dough I' msure you will find a recipe

Last year for a pirate theme we were exploring we made gold bullion from salt dough we popped them in the microwave and so hardened very quickly. If you do a t'nternet search for salt dough I' msure you will find a recipe

Must talk to the parish council about getting a microwave...

Maz

I'd be very careful about plaster of paris - wonderful material that it is - because of the potential to block the drains and more seriously I recall hearing about a school pupil - secondary age- experimenting with this in the art room on their own, encasing the fingers of both hands with horrific, life-changing consequences. Unlikely to happen in early eyars, I know, but it still makes me shudder!

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)