Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Puppets

I went to the EYDCP conference in Manchester last week and attended the workshop by Ros Bayley, she was really good. Lots of very good ideas for language development.

The puppets she worked with had been photographed in every conceivable place of interest, in the supermarket, the market, on the bus, crossing the road, in the garden sunbathing, on holiday - your imagination can run wild - all of these supported language activities in the setting, the photographs were made into a book and left out for children to read - some really good stuff.

if anyone lives in the manchester area she will be at the Early Education conference in Bolton on Saturday October 2nd - highly recommended quality ideas.

oh forgot to say

the puppets also helped her to sort out any problems that occured in the setting such as conflict, hurting children, etc etc, the puppet had lots of advice for the children to help them sort out disagreements

One of my staff members went on a Lang and Lit course last term and they too used puppets a lot for the very reasons you mentioned Lesley.

She has bought some of the puppets and i have to says uses them with our children with fab results... :D

I am getting her to go through it with all the other staff (as some of them are very unkeen to use the puppets)... :o

Im sure we will get there in the end....... xD

Hali,

this is something I'm very interested in, haven't had much in the way of training opportunities xD - could you possibly pass on some ideas when you've got your head round it? :)

Lesley - thanks for the ideas - we have a persona doll, I think I'll definitely set the photograph ball rolling with her! :o

sue :D

We use puppets and soft toys a lot especially when doing small circle time activities. The children seem to relate more to what is happening if there is a prop used. We use them particularly for PSED activities, being kind, helping one another etc.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)