Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eid Cards

Jackie A.

Hi

I have also been looking for some inspiration for Eid - this morning I resorted to buying 2 packs of cards from Tesco (27p each pack) to decorate the nursery with. Generally they are of shiny card which depict a a large crescent moon with a star and I plan to show the cards to the children whilst supplying a variety of resources from which the children can create their own version of a card.

I also got a Ramadam (sp?) type 'advent' calendar which was only 75p (inc. chocs - why do Xmas ones cost so much!!) just to have something else to display - We've have 2 members of staff who are muslim so I'm hoping they will have lots of inspirational ideas.

Sam X

We have been making Eid boxes this week and going to fill them with dried fruit. We are pre-school and the children loved decorating them today. I am sure that older children would enjoy this activity as well. There is a template on nursery education website, see below for link. Also we are using the colouring sheets and making moons and stars and sticking them to lolly sticks.

http://teachershop.scholastic.co.uk/mags/2...ag_issues/21785

Denisse :o

We usually make Eid cards based around the crescent moon/stars idea with lots of shiny bits and bobs. We add the greeting 'Eid Mubarak' including Arabic/Urdu script and remembering that cards open the other way from English since the languages are read right to left.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)