Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play Equipment

Wow, having been told that we had to choose either an additional TA in reception, OR resources this year ( :o), our Head had found some money for us to spend specifically on some sort of climing/slide/activity structure for the playground. We really want wood so can anyone recommend a company or website- a search gives loads so I would much prefer a recommendation from someone thats good but not too pricey (its not a huge amound of money).

I was on an EY course this week on outdoor provison, led by Sue Robb who is an outdoor play guru (apparently). She recommended A frame type climbing frames, they can be linked by different things, ladders, planks, slides, can be varying heights, can be used for role play etc. However they are not wood, so i think they are considerably cheaper. I think she said about £75 per frame. Sold by Brian Clegg Educational Products Ltd. 01706 666 620.

I know it's not specifically what you are looking for but may help you compare prices etc.

jo

We had a super, reasonably priced, climbing frame fitted a few years ago which I can highly recomend will post the information next week.

Dont forget that any thing over 0.4m you must include safety matting.

Lucky you Mundia! Community Playthings have some lovely stuff but it can be quite pricey. YPO has a really nice wooden climbing frame that you can add to, things like nets, ramps and boards. It just depends how much you have to spend.

Linda

thanks for replies so far.

Jo, it is good to compare prices, Ill certainly try to find out about Sue Robb.

Mimi, we have the safety ssurface already in place as we are gettng rid of the tatty/broken/plastic/old stuff. I would be grateful for the info if you can find it.

Linda, forgive my ignorance but YPO-is that Yorkshire Puchasing?

please keep the coming. Ove the next couple of weeks we intend to find out from the children what they would like. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)