Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Attainment When Eyfs Is In Place

Out of interest, what do other people plan to use to track attainment when the EYFS is in place, rather than stepping stones? Or do people tend to just use the profile?

I downloaded some excellent development records for the new EYFS from the resource library that someone had done a fantastic job on (Thank you can not remember who but much appreciated) it is well worth checking out the library

Hi Marie,

I uploaded some EYFS record sheets, for each of the six areas, separate ones for girls and boys, and you can find them in the resource library under the observation and planning heading. :o

My authority is strongly advising that we don't do any form of profiles. Just to do observations which then inform planning - based on the needs of your children at the time. They say the eyfs is taking us away from comparing children to checklists.

Marie is a reception teacher too and we certainly wont get away without assessments and observations!

I would like to think Marie that the children will enter school with viable and realistic paperwork that could be continued but realistically I know that will depend on where they come from.

I'm assuming that reception year expectations will remain largely unchanged overall and that I wont have to do much differently, depending on whether I am lucky enough to have a job and where.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)