Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-school And Reception Merging Help Please

I'm chair of a Pre-school in Oxfordshire which is also part of a Partnership Stage Foundation Unit with the Primary School we are sited on. We have planned a joint building and have been approached by the Head with a view to merging into a Foundation Stage Unit and creating a Nursery or Pre-Reception class. This throws up all sorts of issues ie Staff changing contracts, job description, pay, hours, management structure, loss of the Pre-school, numbers on roll and waitlists

There are so many other issues as well, and we have a major time constraint in that the decision yes or no has to be made before the 12th October.

What I'm seeking is any help if you could suggest a pre-school which has gone through a similar merger, that I could seek advice from or any source of information? Or does anyone out there work as a TA in a FSU that could share any advice for me

Thanks in advance.

I haave posted this on more than one section, apologies for this.

I have no experience of this but as you are presently a committee run preschool, are you a member of the PLA? Contact them for legal and other advice, plus the charities commission who also may advise on the best way forward. The time contraints I think are too short for you to fully consult with parents who are stakeholders.

Peggy

We are just going through such a process and I would be glad to talk things over with you. I am also in Oxfordshire so it might be doubly helpful for us both! Don't know what the best way of contacting each other is....

Rose

The government strategy is the for partnerships, rather than schools "taking over" pre-schools, so this may cause you problems. The other problems that you may have is with your constitution, if it is the standard one, then to become part of the school this involves winding up the pre-school, which would, of course mean that your charity status will be lost, and if you have the standard consitution mean that all of your assets wil need to be passed on to another charity doing similar work, or on to the PLA.

Rose, Personal Messages may be a good way for you two to contact. I have sent you both a personal message.

If you do go down this route please do keep us all informed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)