Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Drinks

:o Please don't think I'm being tight here! but we get through soooo much milk every day with our 'rolling snack bar' that I'm thinking of getting the children to bring in their own drinks in a clearly named bottle......no fizzy drinks for snack time. We always have water available throughout the session for the children to pour & help themselves. Do you think this would be acceptable? Is there any nursery already doing this? Failing that...asking parents to contribute each week towards the cost of milk...they already bring in 1 or 2 pieces of fruit per week.

Hi Mrsb

We have a rolling snack but we have small individual milk cartons. Once the child has had their carton they can only have water. The cartons are a third of a pint and are like a small juice carton with a straw. They are more expensive but we do get the money back through the free milk scheme.

Lorraine

Same hear. I claim back for all of the milk I purchase weekly.

Nursery milk help line: 08707 203055 (geographic number 01858 410510 - they answer as MRM Promotional services - just ask for nursery milk department).

We get our milk from Kirkby and west and pay 15p per carton. We are in a church hall and we have it delivered daily to the doorstep. They even provide the straws! :o

We always have the opposite problem of having too much milk left over. Our children in general seem to prefer water to drink. In any case, 1/3 of a pint is actually quite a lot. I can't imagine any child needing to drink more milk than this!

we provide milk, water and squash and find all three get drunk in even amounts, am I right in assuming other settings dont provide squash, only milk or water?

we use name cards for the snack time and it helps to keep a track of who has had snack, once a child's had snack their name card is removed and the children can only have water after that. it also help to keep an eye on who isnt having anything during sessions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)