Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Literacy And Maths Framework

Hi, has anyone managed to get their heads around how the new Literacy and Maths framework effects Reception? I'm finding it very hard to do the planning, especially the Maths. Are we supposed to be following the blocked units like the other year groups? (looking at the Leicester county council website it looks like some places are advocating this). I'm having great difficulty setting up a medium term plan! Any suggestions/websites would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Mandy

Hi Mandy1 and welcome.

Do remember that these frameworks are not statutory, CGFS is.

I do not have a class this term and had no training on either framework in my last school. Im pretty sure lancs has some stuff although its all a bit vague for reception. Have you tried a search on here?

I've read something in the EYFS pack today, I cant really say what it was about becasue I was only killing time scanning through it but it mentions the Lit and Num framework in the statatory book :o

Haven't got my head round it all yet but www.deseducation.org have some really good medium term plans for literacy. haven't found anything to support maths though!

Hi Mandy1 and welcome.

Do remember that these frameworks are not statutory, CGFS is.

I do not have a class this term and had no training on either framework in my last school. Im pretty sure lancs has some stuff although its all a bit vague for reception. Have you tried a search on here?

Thanks for the ideas everyone. The www.deseducation.org site was particularly useful. Susan can you please give me the website address for the lancs stuff. I've tried to do a search but nothing's coming up! Thanks

If you go to Cumbria ngfl, they have medium term plans for reception for the autumn term at the moment.

I have been on co-ordinator numeracy training today and they gave me nothing to work from for foundation stage. But say its choice if we follow the blocks like the rest of the year groups.

I went on a planning course for the EYFS last week and our Kent ASK asvisor said to follow the EYFS and NOT the new frameworks for Lit and maths.

Also the Head and I went to "On the Write lines" which was about bridging the gap between reading and writing Sats results and they suggested the lancs website for unit summaries for KS1.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. The www.deseducation.org site was particularly useful. Susan can you please give me the website address for the lancs stuff. I've tried to do a search but nothing's coming up! Thanks

Hi I have recently constructed a maths medium term plan in line with the new framework. I dont think that you have to follow the units as other year groups. I looked at the core learning in reception for both subjects and referenced the learning overviews as appropriate. the hope is to incorporate the objectives that have moved down from year1 into our existing medium term plan i will upload it in resources for you to have a look at, it may be helpful not sure i have uploaded them here well i think i have its in manage attachments

Foundation_2_Medium_Term_plan_autumn_2007.doc

foundation_2_Medium_term_plan_spring_2008.doc

Foundation_2_Medium_Term_plan_Summer_2008.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)