Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thought For The Day!

Oh OK then...I'm also a camel.

I was out on Saturday night with my friend who is 7 years older than me. I watched her dance all night, only joining when the drink had taken hold. In another lifetime I'd have been first on the dance floor, but now I find the music all sounds the same. (Call that music,? In my day...) I also had to be careful how much I drank after making a promise to myself that I would never drink again, (vomit is not pleasant) and I stiffled a yawn at around midnight.

Happy now???? :oxD

Rea - I can really sympathise with you!! I think I heard myself say "That's not singing - that's shouting!" in reference to a particular song the other day.

It's maybe not so bad being a camel - if you get to the stage of confusion over your wild oats, then you can be sure that your eyesight will have diminished enough for you not to see and your brain will have forgotten to be bothered!! Obviously I myself am not at this advanced stage of decline and I am merely guessing !!!

And how about "Oh, that version's not NEARLY as good as the original"! Something I swore I'd never say but I'm now churning it out with worrying frequency!!! :o

But it's NEVER as good as the original, is it?????? :o

Had a visitor today at preschool who introduced himself to the children, one being Roxanne, " I know a song about Roxanne" he said, as I then sang the first few bars, he said " or am I showing my age?". "Not at all I said." xD:(

Peggy

p.s. Bet you are all singing it now, aren't you. :(