Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What You Can Tell About Your Pencil Case?

Andreamay

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is a winnie the pooh one, complet with W-T-P pens, pencils, sharpener, ruler and rubber. Not sure why it was bought for me, must have something to do with my giant pooh bear in the corner of my bedroom and the keyring I had at Uni !!

I seem to have passed the Pooh bear thing on to my sons though, so at least I'm not alone :o

Usually pens just ruin my handbags and I love stationery shops (SAD).

For Uni I bought a lovely fluffy cat pencil case but was too embarrassed to take it in yet as they have all come with their briefcases etc but still time yet to be ME!!!!Bet they are jealous (more men than women!!!)

Guest MaryEMac

Mine is denim with a pink trim and a fluffy pink pocket on the front.

I'm another person who loves stationary and pens, I've got loads. Even as a child I would spend my pocket money on pens and notebooks and I still love it when I get to start a new note book. Whether it is because it's a new start ?

Mary

Guest tinkerbell

At the bottom of my ruck sack I have ... a Tesco plastic bag full of allsorts,glitter gel pens ,cup hooks,italic marker pens,plastic ties,stapler,pencils, panadol........you get the picture :oxD

Tinkerbellx

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh, I love pens. I usually go to shows and events just to see how many and how unusual type of pen I can fine.

I went to the Bedord River festival last year (i think) and managed to get 37pens - ones with calculaters in, Highlighters one end pen the other, torches, keyring pens etc etc etc. All free, I was in heaven.

My pencil case is a bright red caterpillar pencil case including legs.

I love the idea of a fountain pen.

My son has just started middle school and uses one but keeps bending the nib, so I have to fix it and everytime I write with it, I feel like I was 13yrs again at school with inky fingers and ducking the blackboard rubber that Mrs Chiltern was throwing at me - ah happy days.

Net x

p.s I agree with black ink - writing always looks neater in black ink

p.p.s Just re read post and realised how sad I really sound - Ah well, I still have more pens than anyone else in the world, only prob is I can never find one when I need one.

Edited by net franklin

I love spending hours getting /buying my pencil case, pens and stuff every year

my one hundred pound budget for my class just about buys my class pencils and crayons i get all grumpy about this out of my hundred pound budget i have to buy chunky pencils at treble the price of normal hb pencils which other classes actually get given because they buy in bulk under general

so i buy my own pens etc for school and after hoursof chosing my pencil case i always buy a winnie the pooh one unorginal i know but very cute

but like most of you i never can find a pen when needed i end up doing the register in pencil felt tip what ever is handy thank goodness we are computerised with register i wouldnt have got awa with pencil from the ewo in the older days

and does your head nick all the pens as he wanders around school like ours does

OMG! Hooray reading this thread I am so relieved that I am not alone! I have had a stationery fetish since I was little. We used to live in Hong Kong and there you get all the gorgeous Japanese stationery - Miffy, hello Kitty etc! I remember as a young teen smelly gel pens, smelly stickers and rubbers - I had the most enormous rubber collection! It is true there is nothing better than a fine nib black pen. I still go stationery shopping, how many pens, notebooks, shaped post-its and generally useless bits does one woman need? It's like shoes you need different ones for each mood! My daughter (12 yrs) I am pleased to say has inherited the love of all things scribable, her pencil case is nearly as big as her school bag and every time she opens it she says 'Oh mum I love my pencil case!' My pencil case is made of the same stuff as a wet suit, is bright red with a tatoo on it and a long zip. It's crammed full of stuff! Think it says I would love to be a surfer girl - not many waves in Hertfordshire! Keep on promising to treat myself to a tattoo one day - 40 next year perhaps I will then and that I love pens. Stand tall ladies (Yes it is a girlie thing) be proud and cry out loud I love pens! (Someone has to keep WHSmiths solvent!)

Phew! Feel so much better now! :o

Oh, smelly rubbers....you've brought back a really good memory...I had a strawberry smelly rubber all through secondary school that I took into all me O level exams for good luck!! Still got it somewhere.....off to look........

Don't have a pencil case ... and can never find a pen :( SOOO in an attempt to be organised I bought myself and my nursery nurse those pens for breast cancer from ASDA that come on a nice pink belt thing that you wear round your neck. Ingenious, the pen clicks on and off, and extends on an elastic so you don't have to take it off to do any quick notes. GREAT. Unfortunately, I wore it with a lovely new white top last week. Just before home time I glanced down and discovered lots of black lines all around the midriff of the top ... I had forgotten to click it off and it had been happily doodling since I don't know when xD

At home I have, not a pencil case, but a rather large toolbox - full of pens, pencils, crayons, marker pens, staplers, glue sticks, sellotape, scissors, rulers, etc. Couldn't possibly fit that lot into a pencil case. :o

Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)