Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Provison?!

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me?

I think it might be called continuous provison but I am not sure!!

The reception class teacher and I (nursery teacher) are going to get together to produce for each area, something to put up on the wall to show learning objectives/intentions/SS for each activity that we may have out in each area, rather than writing it down on our planning everytime. It would be handy to have something up in each area all the time to show continuos learning objectives. Hope this all makes sense? Does anyone have anything that they could share to help us get started?

Thanks

Ange x x

I'm in the middle of putting together some ideas for continuous provision areas in preschool. Things like sand, water, construction, music etc. I don't know if it's what you are looking for as I am only listing some ideas for resources, learning opportunities and key vocabulary relating to general areas of ELGs and not each specific S/S. They are just for my own reference really as I'm a bit of an organisation freak. When I'm finished I'll post them on for you to have a look at if you like. You can always add to them to meet your own requirements.

Sally

Hi Pinkang

If you search 'continous provison in the forum index there are a few examples. I found useful JackquiL's sheets which I saved and adapted for my setting.

I wasnt sure how to post the link (I am sure someone else will) but I managed to find them by searching JackquiL posts. She kindly posted them on here back in Nov 21 2004 and judging by the amount of downloads other practitioners have found them useful too

Regards

Michaelle

Here is one of the sheets of my continuous planning for different activity areas. I've picked up ideas from all over the place and put bits of them together so it makes it easier for me. There is lots more that could be added and I probably will when I find the time. Hope it helps. If anyone can suggest any improvements I'd be grateful. I'm still a learner at all this and need all the help I can get.

Sally

Continuous_Provision.xls

Find the Resources link on the bottom of the bar on the left of this screen and then click on it. Then click on Resource Library. You will find lots of wonderful things their covering all areas of the Early Years. The CP sheets are under long term planning. Mine are there and also another format by Carla Booth and they are also very good. They may be just waht you need and save you lots of time.

Thanks mustangsally. That is exactly what I am looking for. I thought I could put one of these up in each area, then I don't have to keep writing down objectives/vocab etc for every activity each time I have them out. You have saved me lots of work!! Your very kind sharing your ideas. It must have taken loads of time!

Ange

Thank you to everyone for such quick replies. Your all stars. I will browse the resources now and hopefully they will save me loads of work. It so nice that people share, its just so easier than reinventing the wheel each time!

Ange x x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)