Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

1st Day With The Kids

I had my 1st day with my new class today after 2 days of inset. There were 2 missing, one is still in respite care till the weekend and the other is new and is starting on Monday.

I've had such a lovely day. It's so nice to be back in the early years with the little ones. They are such a cute bunch although cheeky personalities and they all have their own little ways.

Really looking forward to the rest of the year.

How did everyone else's day go?

Hey Nichola xD

Glad you had agood first day back!

Although we are a day nursery and open throughout the summer, it was our first official day back with the preschool on Monday- and Ofsted arrived at 9am for our re-inspection :o

Glad to say after a two day inspection we had much better results than last time, will let you all know when report is out!

How did everyone else's day go?

We had a lovely day - all the children have grown so much during the holidays.

One little boy announced that his mum was now called Smog and his baby brother had changed his name to Sam. When mum picked up, she told me that he'd changed all their names - Smog is in fact an alien, his dad and brothers have indeed been renamed. Not only have they got new names which he insists on using all the time, but each has a new personality too - with traits that bear no resemblance to their old personas at all. After all, mum isn't really an alien...

Maz

Brilliant two days back - no tears here either?

I have a lovely group of children - makes all the hard work preparing for the return worth while (don't remind me of this happy-go-lucky post when I am ranting about things in a while!!)

Edited by Guest

Guest MaryEMac

It was our first day back today, the morning session was with the little ones from last year who are now the big ones and this afternoon we had the littlies (7 of them). It was fairly relaxed this morning but this afternoon was a bit frantic because they all wanted to everything at once. That said we had no tears but some of the mums looked a little tearful as they left.

Mary

Had a great first week with a lovely class. Only have 13 (six not started due to visa runs, not actually living in country yet, broken arms, baby siblings being born back in country of residence, that kind of thing). I have English, Scottish, Irish, French, Dutch, Italian, Argentinean, Colombian, American, Austrian and Australian children.

Hope this week goes just as smoothly.

Have an enjoyable year everyone!

:( First 4 days back & all seems calm(ish)! few tears from 23 new children....not bad considering we had 26 new ones in total xD lets hope it's not the lull before the storm :o

On some not so good news one little girl hasn't returned to us yet, her Dad came to see me and told me she had been diagnosed with leaukemia(? spelling?).........he seemed quite positive because the docs had told him she has 100% chance of being cured..but it's going to be a long journey for them all. He will keep us posted with news.