Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evidence

Hi there, I apologise if this has already been asked in a previous forum!

I use the e profile system which records the childrens progress for me and am happy with this.

I was just wondering how people keep track of how much evidence is kept in each childs profile and how you make sure there arent any huge gaps. For example at the end of the summer term some of my children had loads of evidence for CLL and MD but lacked evidence / obs or photos for KUW and PD. How do you keep track that the profile is reflective of all six areas? I realise that evidence does not need to be kept for each statement. my super ETA made a ticksheet and kept a tally of how many pieces for each area which then highlighted the gaps?

Any ideas that have been successful and manageable would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers! :o

In the individual childrens evidence profiles, how do you then keep track that there is an even balance of evidene for the different areas of learning??

I don't have evidence folders for each child only as my LA don't expect teachers to do this amount of work. To keep just one piece of evidence for a class of 30 would require 3390 pieces of work., instead I am required to keep 15 pieces of work in total for FSP points pre selected by the LA.

• 1 month later...
Hi there, I apologise if this has already been asked in a previous forum!

I use the e profile system which records the childrens progress for me and am happy with this.

I was just wondering how people keep track of how much evidence is kept in each childs profile and how you make sure there arent any huge gaps. For example at the end of the summer term some of my children had loads of evidence for CLL and MD but lacked evidence / obs or photos for KUW and PD. How do you keep track that the profile is reflective of all six areas? I realise that evidence does not need to be kept for each statement. my super ETA made a ticksheet and kept a tally of how many pieces for each area which then highlighted the gaps?

Any ideas that have been successful and manageable would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers! xD

I have adapted the sheets provided by Moose (Thanks! :o )

evidence_collection_sheet.doc and use these, photocopied upto A3, as a tally of where the evidence has been gathered from. I do this at the end of each week during my PPA time and this then gives me a focus for my observations for the following week which I build into my planning. Hope that makes sense and is of use to you.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am just about to change the way I collect evidence too. I have ordered 30 a4 files for my class. At the front of each one I have put the profile points which are all on 1 sheet of A4 which I got from the resource library on here. Whenever, I have a photo or observation I was going to stick them on a piece of paper and date them and place behind this objective sheet. Then on the front sheet date the objectives the observation or photo relates too. So next to the objective I would put P for photograph or O for observation with the date, so then I could look quicjkly for that evidence if I needed to. I know you dont need evidence for every objective for every child but this was the best way I could think of of organising my evidence in a clear way. Especially as most photographs and observatins cross reference to so many different objectives. If there are objectives I just know a child can do I will just highlight it. This way I guess I could quickly see where my gaps are for each child and try to incorporate these into my planning. I dont know if its right but I am going to trial it anyway. Hope that helps a little.

Actually I have just seen the sheet added above and am going to use that instead, its brilliant and just what I was looking for. Thank you!!

susan, I also have a whole class profile and find that much more mangeable. Do you also use this as tracking throughout the year. Does your profile also show where the evidence is or do you not worry about that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)