Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Dance

Can anyone recommend a good dance scheme of work for reception? I really struggle with my dance lessons. I don't find it difficult to think of content, my biggest problem is finding suitable music. So I would like to find a scheme that includes a music CD. I have used TOP dance, but it is extremely limited for reception. I have heard that there is a new scheme specifically for Foundation Stage devised by a school of dance in London(??) Does anyone know anything about this?

Help! :o

Shelley

Our reception teachers use Val Sabin dance course, from reception onwards. They say is good although Ive not used it myself, they dont follow it to the letter, but it gives therm ideas as they would often be stuck without them.

I use lets-go-Zudie-o.its a music and dance scheme and includes a CD with all the music you need plus video clips to demonstrate. My class love it though i do not follow it to the letter either.

Lucky quack, I've heard of that but not used it who is the publisher?

The Val Sabin materials look really good but are expensive. You can get materials to support the whole PE curriculum. She is the author on whose work the Topps Start & Topps Play materials are based.

I think the website is www.valsabin .co.uk

It was on my to buy list for my next budget.

We have the Val Sabin book and cd in our pre-school. It has everything for pe and dance with little snippets of music. We dip into it for ideas to use either the whole topic ideas or to adapt for what we are doing. It is expensive, I think we paid £50 about a year ago but it is worth the outlay. They are also very efficient, I think I ordered ours online on the Sunday and we received it on the Tuesday.

Linda

Hi Shelley,

We use Let's Go Zudie-o, too, and the music selection is great! Published by A&C Black (sales@acblack.com), around £13.

The other scheme I have dipped into (and I think is good because it comes with a tape and also further suggestions for suitable music) is "Move it!", published by First and Best (First and best in Education, Earsree Court, Easrletree Road, Corby, NN17 4HH) around £15, but I can't remember exactly :)

The lets go zudie-o book was recommended on a dance course I went on I love it! So do the kids by the way:)

Wow! Some great ideas. I am going to look into them and will get back to you. I am also going to contact our LEA early years advisor as she has apparantly ordered the new scheme I was on about and I am going to see what she thinks of it! I will definitely let you all know!

Thanks for your help!

Shelley :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)