Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reading Area

Hello can anyone please share ideas for a reading area canopy kind of thing. I thought about those bed canopy tents but im worried about potential danger with that. I want to create an attractive, cosy book corner but i am struggling for ideas. I initially wanted to make a rainbow to hang down from the ceiling but I think someone here will have a much better idea?????????

We have a large green leaf shape thing (can't think what it is called) that is like a canopy, covering our book corner. It came from Ikea and attaches to the wall. I'll find out the Ikea name of it tomorrow when I go into work and let you know if that helps? They are good because they make the book area quite cosy but they can be removed as well.

I use a canopy in our book area, i attached strips of butterflies and flowers to drape inside. The whole thing is suspended on a large luggage strap over a bracket on the wall. We have had no problems or issues with this apart from other local settings calling in to view our area and then use our ideas in their settings, even down to adding a little rhyme that i created called "the tent that tells a tale". :o what do you see as a danger with the canopy? i have not encounted any problems.

I use a canopy in our book area, i attached strips of butterflies and flowers to drape inside. The whole thing is suspended on a large luggage strap over a bracket on the wall. We have had no problems or issues with this apart from other local settings calling in to view our area and then use our ideas in their settings, even down to adding a little rhyme that i created called "the tent that tells a tale". :o what do you see as a danger with the canopy? i have not encounted any problems.

Think of this as sharing good practice and inspiring your colleagues, Lesley!

Maz

Lesley that is exactly what I had in mind but my hubby was going on about choking hazards! I will just ignore him and do it anyway.....I didnt see it as a problem. Thanks! Your rhyme sounds good too can I be cheeky and ask if I can use that aswell? :o

I have bought some 'dangly curtain thingy's' from Ikea (obviously this is the technical term for them :o )

They are called Atoll at Ikea, and are £6.99. I've attached it to this reply (I hope), this combats any choking (or other hazards) you can think of (as I had the same concerns).

They suspend from the ceiling and have some safety catches on them so that in the event a child should climb or gets entangled the loops loosen and the drape falls down (apparently it is easy to hang the drape again, I'll let you know when I've hung it!)

I hope this helps ...

post-8951-1188464113_thumb.jpg