Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letters And Sounds

Hi All... I haven't been on here for a while (ages, actually) due to one reason or another...

... one of those being that I have been developing this : www.porlsfonycs.com

... and the other that I have taken a sabbatical from teaching in England to give 'teaching in Canada' a go.

Anyhow, it's taken me about a year to develop, test, receive feedback, re-develop, and now launch, so it'd be good to know what you guys think of it... I developed it because as a teacher myself in the FS, I decided there was a definite need for a comprehensive, easy-to-use, meaningful assessment tool... so here it is...

... and hopefully some of you will even decide to use it!

Nice to be back on here... hope everyone's doing okay :o

Porl

We have been using Nicky Byrne's planning for the last 4 wks and it is very good. It does have a lot to fit in the 15min session but we have adapted it to suit our situation. Plus the Apply ideas are great for small group activities.

It has saved me time and enabled me to concentrate on others areas of the curriulum.

Hi,

Have been looking at Nicky's planning with interest. This year we are grouping our phonics into 5 ability groups - most of which will be on diff phases. I am responsible for planning for three of these groups (not getting any extra time either) and this planning is really going to help me out. I was just wondering when you refer to the apply activities what are you actually meaning? As far as I can see there are weekly plans for phase one (not following the review, teach, practice, apply model) and then an overview of each of the phases. Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks

Edited by Guest

How's teaching in Canada going Paul? A beautiful country...what's the education system like?

Umm... I will have to keep you posted on that one... I have been backpacking round for 6 weeks and have only just settled in Whistler... I have applied for a teaching position at the Whistler Children's Centre... which is like a Nursery back in England... so finger's crossed :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)