Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Searching For Chlidcare

HI All

Advice please, on childcare for my 8 year old daughter.

For the first time this term, my husband and myself are STUCK for morning childcare for my daughter, basically taking her to school which is 2 mins. down the road.

There are no other children nearby or parents who can help out on a regular basis.

The person whowas taking her has moved to Wales.

No decent childminders who don't either charge the earth or live miles away from the school.

It's only 2 morning s a week.

And Sally has been passed from pillar to post since she was little.

Both my husband and yself are teachers so we can't take her to school.

The list goes on and I feel we have exhausted nearly all options. There is, by the way, as yet, no breakfast club at her school.

Any ideas, advice or sympathetic ears, eyes shoulders or pffers of help rom anyone local gratefully received!

What are time scales and distances involved for yours and hubby's place of work? Would you be able to be later on one or two days a week for a while? I supose you've already thought about that though. Is there a neighbour nearby who takes the dog for a walk in the morning, or fetches the paper that could drop her off? I'd be in the same position with regards neighbours, family and friends if my children were that age so I hope you find a solution.

Maybe you could contact the school or chair of PTA to see if they know anybody or could recommend somebody that does childminding or who they would think would be a suitable family to drop your little one off twice a week. At the beginning of the new school year the head may consider putting a request out in a newsletter or something. Good luck!