Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Back From Hosptial......

beth1

I went to the hosptial this afternoon for a 6 months check up on my ear (more commonly known as the bi-annual bore, because its boring!!!!). :(

I got to the hosptial car park, when a little girl about 16 months old came out with her parents. xD The girl smilled and waved at me, then of course the parents looked a little confused. :o We walked passed each other and I heard one of the parents say ummm maybe she's a childcare worker!! and walked off. :( Do we as childcare workers give off a slient signal to other children and parents? xD I think its a little strange to say what they did.

Anyway I went in to the department, again more children smiling and waving. :wacko: I also saw to of the children I looked after at placement school. By the way if your asking I am fine, just got to go back in February for the next bi-annual bore! Plus visit with mum on Wednesday. :(

Beth

Heh, I think you must be right, I always have random kids waving/talking/smiling at me, maybe we do give off signals cos I'm often being asked if I'm a teacher!

Good grief, I hope there arent any silent signals. xD

You know when you're in a supermarket and the grizzely child with the parent who never talks to it is in every aisle you need.... :o:(

Glad things are ok with the ears beth :(

Pleased the bore went ok .

Could be something in what you say Beth. I commented to my OH about parents not warning their children not to speak to strangers because I often have strange children coming up to me and starting conversations. :o

It certainly feels like that sometimes.... I was in a shower block on a camp site the other day when a little girl I have never met before comes in and asks me whether I have seen hannah, so I gently tell her I don't know who hannah is and she informs me she is her sister (obviously!!). So I suggest that perhaps she has made her way back to the caravan/tent. Two minutes later she brings hannah back to introduce me and then proceeds to ask me a million and one questions whilst I'm trying to brush my teeth!!

Elfy

x

I get it from children and parents. I'm always the one in the supermarket queue who has the person behind tell them their whole life story!!!!!!

My husband always says that I must have it written some where in special ink that says I will listen to everybody.

I'm always the one to find the lost child or the elderly lady who wants me to help them.

Maybe its that we give of a friendly aura :(:oxD At least it is the nice side of life!!!!!

Ok it happened again this afternoon, however not at a hosptial this time. :(

I was walking back to my car from an interview when a little girl of 18-24 months old started smile, wave and repeatly say 'hi'. xD I heard mum talking to her friend say who that etc, then mum's friend said maybe she works with children. :o Then as I carried on walking past, that person said well she has a warm, caring, friendly and loves children. :(

Well I think that how we could be comming across to children and parent maybe. :( :wacko:

Beth

I have to agree, although it's a bit of problem, as we don't always give the same aura to parents/carers - I've had some killing looks from people who obviously regard me as a predatory monster because I've smiled and waved back - I don't REALLY look that bad, do I???

And glad your ears are OK!

Sue

I have to agree, although it's a bit of problem, as we don't always give the same aura to parents/carers - I've had some killing looks from people who obviously regard me as a predatory monster because I've smiled and waved back - I don't REALLY look that bad, do I???

Sue

Funnily enough Sue - I only get those looks from parents once they know me. I'm not called the "telling off teacher" for nothing...

Maz

xD Funny you should say that!!! I think we do send of some kind of signal..have just returned from a lovely hot 1 week of doing nothing in Turkey with my family and friends (11 of us altogether) . My friend just also happens to be joint supervisor with me and all week little kids have been coming up to us in the pool, around the hotel and started playing with us, smiling, & waving. Now I know kids do this but we weren't the only adults around so why us......it was a bit like a bus mans holiday :o