Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Back From

the dentist!

I had to have 2 fillings replaced, one on the top and one on the bottom of my right side so I now have post-dental treatment numbness and I'm trying so hard not to bite the inside of my cheek as I remember how much it hurts once the numbness has gone away!

It feels so bizarre and I hate it.

Last time I went I decided to have no injection. :o It was lovely to walk out without the numbness. Albeit a little uncomfortable feeling what was going on inside my mouth at the time of the fillings.

I would recommend it, if you have experienced childbirth the dentist without injection is a doddle. xD

No, not experienced that one yet! There was no way I couldn't have the injection, I had to have 3 in my bottom jaw as the pain was so bad, I've been like that all my life! So 3 hours later I'm still totally numb!

Glad your trip to the dentist is over, Nichola. I would always have the injection and put up with the numbness for a while. I always feel so helpless when in the dentist chair and fear trying to swallow.

oh no, no no no......................................you said the 'D' word!!! I haven't been for 23years, and i was scared off witless by the treatment i had......no no no!!! never again!! :oxD:(:(

Hi narnia good to meet another D phobe. I had to go last year and so had to fill in the form. How long since your last visit?

Hm! how old is my youngest? Ah! yes 26 so it must have been about 25 years ago when it was free!

He was gobsmacked!

Yes I'd rather have a baby!

For all of you proclaiming that you havent been nor will ever go to the dentist... I was of the same opinion earlier this year, but with encouragement from other people on here aswell as a pm from Steve telling me how important it was to go, I gave in, swallowed my heart, took deep breaths and went.

It was really good, not in the real sence of the word you understand, but not bad, I've had 2 teeth out recently and I can drink cold water for the first time in years. :o

Just do it, honestly, people told me dentists had changed a lot over the years and they werent wrong.

Same here Marion, no pain relief when I had my three singletons, my twins were caesarian so didn't have much choice in that one, although I did leave hospital two days after proclaiming to be fine :oxD

Maybe just stupid! :(

Edited by Guest

Guest Wolfie

I agree with Rea - I was also a child that needed valium before going to the dentist, following a bad experience with gas, but dentists have changed so much now, it really isn't a threatening or frightening experience anymore...and this is from someone who has ALSO had two teeth out in the last year! I promise you, you'll feel a real sense of achievement if you overcome your fears.

I've just had to check back through the posts to see who we're trying to persuade...it seems to be narnia!

Edited by Wolfie

I'm not frightened of the dentist, just don't really enjoy the pain during and the numbness afterwards! Ahh well, once more on Monday and then hopefully that will be it for a few years other than a quick check up.

I have a dentist horror story so don't read on if you are scared of going!!

seriously!!

After weeks and weeks of filings that kept falling out of one particular back tooth and 2 courses of anti-biotics to deal with 2 infections in the gum, my dentist finally agreed to take the tooth out. However, I had one of the infections at this point-she injected the gum twice for pain relief but because of the infection it didn't work, but she decided to take it out anyway!!! It split in 2 while she did this. The dental nurse was holding me down, my daughter was in the waiting room and could hear me scream, and I could feel every bit of the pain-including the breaking of the tooth from my jaw bone.

next day in school. I looked like I had been in a boxing ring.

Last week I had my 6 month follow up check-she informed me that some of the tooth is still there and I will now need to go to the dental hospital for treatment in an operation as of course the hole has healed over!!

Who needs teeth anyway??

Moisy

p.s I had no pain relief giving birth-I'll take that any day over a dentist!!

Edited by Guest