Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff And Committee Meetings

Guest valletta

Guest valletta

when there is a committee meeting are the staff welcomed to attend?

Our committee has had meetings without the staff being present and there are items which we want to bring up

Also can they attend A.G.M's to?

as we have this feeling that we are being excluded from them

Any advice please

Hi Valleta

Staff should be invited to committee meetings and AGMs - best to have at least one representative so that you can keep a track of things and add your bit as well. Why should the committee make all the decisions, the staff should have their say as well. We have sometimes not been unable to attend meetings and decisions have been made which we do not agree with. Also other parents should be invited along who are not members of the committee.

we as staff are invited to all meetings, and i as the leader have to attend it is part of my contract

the agm is wdely publisised and all paretns are invited , and all staff are asked to attend

also we get paid if we do attend

hi

In my setting staff can attend committee meetings if they wish (ha ha).

I as supervisor go to every committee meeting on behalf of the staff and the chair comes to staff meetings on behalf of the committee so that we all know what is going on.

all staff are welcome to come to AGMs as well and i always attend. :D

Hi all, :D

When I was involved in a pre-school, first as parent, then committee, then as staff, later Supervisor, it was understood that staff were welcome to Committee meetings and Committee (or parents) to Staff meetings. To me this is the only way to make things work - complete openness and cooperation, but then, I'm the eternal optimist!!! :o

They should MOST CERTAINLY be represented at AGMs, otherwise how can anyone really know how the group is doing? No way should there be any 'exclusion'.

Good luck to you,

Sue :D

Oooooooh Noooooo! Not the dreaded committee's again!! :o Sorry, my bad year with my present committee has really coloured my judgement on all committee questions.

In the past staff at my setting have always been welcome to committee meetings and it was a stipulation of my contract that I attend but I was paid for my time. However, my present committee thought it was ludicrous that I should be paid and said that if I insisted on this then my presence was no longer required at meetings. :( As I think it is essential that I am at the meetings I gave in and said I would still attend but not be paid. In some ways I regret this decision as the committee has relied on me so heavily to get them through the year (being completely incapable of running the group by themselves). They are all sitting around now congratulating themselves on doing such a super job when they've all done so little. xD For instance at the committee meeting on Monday I had to ask if they were going to carry out a staff appraisal (blank looks), whether they were going to set a time and venue for the AGM in 3 weeks time (more blank looks), when they wanted me to get the reports out by (which they'd told me last year they wouldn't pay me extra for writing - slightly apprehensive looks at this one!!), and whether anyone had bothered to get in touch with the parents of the new children due to start playgroup (what us?).

Whoops!! This has turned into one of my rants again. :(

To get back to your question valetta - previously staff went to committee meetings and there was always a 'playleaders report' on the agenda. Staff don't have voting rights but their opinions have always been sought and valued. Also staff were required to be present at AGMs and the playleader again had to prepare a report on the year. (Which has not been mentioned to me this year - perhaps they're afraid of what I might say!!:()

Thankyou for listening to me!!

They are a nightmare arnt they...

We have just arranged a meeting to discuss terms events etc and they are all complaining about coming want to know why they should attend!!!!!! cant myself and the chair deal with it (like everything else) :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)