Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Desperation..help Needed

Serena

I am a childminder wotking with assistants and had been registered to care for 12 children under the ages of 5. A year ago, l had an extra child as a parent didnot realise that it was teacher's training day. She had just started a new job and had asked if l would mind the child for an hour until she got her mom to pick her up. We arranged that my daughter would take her to the park. Ofsted then arrived and slapped a compliance order against me. So afterwards in June last year l asked for a variation to look after 16 children . l was very specific that l wanted to look after 16 childrren between the ages of 6 mths to 8 years. An inspector came out and we had a long discussion and she recommended that l would be granted. Now as soon as the registration certificate came l displayed it and began minding 16 as from September. Inspector was here to validate my daughter's crb and l was charged with over-minding. l am rather annoyed that this was a genuine mistake. Can anyone give any advise as to what they can do. The last time all the parents wrote letters of support and l guess they understand how it had happened.

Guest tinkerbell

Hi Serena and welcome

Sorry to hear of your situation.Phone Ofsted and explain what has haappened.

Tinkerbellx

Hi Serena and welcome

Sorry to hear of your situation.Phone Ofsted and explain what has haappened.

Tinkerbellx

Have phoned Ofsted and thankfully they were nice and advised to re-apply for the variation whilst being very specific what l wanted. She said that l had been very honest but must read every little detail, this l know now. She said they will have a phone meeting and in the meantime to mind only 12. This isn't a problem as we are closed as from next wk. l have signed contracts from parents as from sept. but l will have to contact and explaim to them what has happened.

Guest Wolfie

Well at least Ofsted were willing to listen and were sympathetic to your situation - sounds as though everything will be OK? It's the little niggles that always get us down isn't it - try to focus on what a fantastic job you do every day and don't dwell on what was obviously just a small misunderstanding.....we can't know EVERYTHING can we!!! :o

Well at least Ofsted were willing to listen and were sympathetic to your situation - sounds as though everything will be OK? It's the little niggles that always get us down isn't it - try to focus on what a fantastic job you do every day and don't dwell on what was obviously just a small misunderstanding.....we can't know EVERYTHING can we!!! :o

Thank you so much Tinkerbel and Wolfie for reading my post and offers of advise.

A complaiance officier had actually called me after my last post. She also seem helpful. I asked her if l could be closed down as it is the 2nd time, but she says ofsted doesnot close places easily but raise actions. If the worse comes to the worse l will have to re-apply for full daycare. However, l would much rather carry on as a childminder working with multiple assistants .

Thank you so much Tinkerbel and Wolfie for reading my post and offers of advise.

I do agree with you lou. l also haven't been around too long. l do also seem to recognise you from another fantastic site..ukchildminders. I must say l am still shaken from yesterday episode. Me and my supervisor are trying hard to adjust the register. We have the embarassing situation today of contacting "extra" parents about the current situation.

Hello Serena, can't help, but welcome to the forum, I've not been around that long - but everyone's really friendly and helpful here.

xxx

Guest Wolfie

At the ned of the day Serena, Oftsed know that you provide high quality childcare and that parents rely on your for the service that you provide - they certainly won't close you down, they'll be much more interested in helping you manage the situation to a satisfactory conclusion for all concerned. DON'T WORRY! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)