Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Un Convention Of Children's Rights

can anyone help im doing my NVQ4 and i need knowledge of the UN CHILDRENS CONVENTION On the rights of the child.

ive got some articles but am not sure how much knowledge i shud be giving my assessor. Any help would be great.

They have given examples like: child's right to self expression, play cultural. Just not sure how much to present

:o

Edited by Guest

Hi nursery nurse, there is so much in the convention not sure how much they expect you to know. Would it be better to try and write it as what the UNCRC means to you in your job? After all there no point having it, if none every uses it!

Might be a way to look at how you use a child particpation rights, however young they maybe and how you promote this. There has been alot of reserach into gaining children input I think if you google the mosic approch might give you some ideas as to how it can be approached.

Simialar with the other areas of Protection, provision and urm cant remember of the top of my head the other one but it begins with a P!

I used the UN convention as a basis for my preschools aims and objectives. I got them from the Childrens Bureau but don't have the web link, but I have attached my A&B policy.

Good luck with your assignment.

Peggy

mission_statement.doc

Thank you for your replies to this topic they have all helped me in trying to get myself ready for discussion plus my assignment.

il let u know how it goes even though im well nervous. advice has really helped me plus thie links u have given me il be doing alot of reading thanks again :o

There is a children's book called For Every Child which is all about this (go onto amazon and type it in).

It is an excellent book for pre-school children, right up to adults - very touching and WELL worth investing in.

There is a children's book called For Every Child which is all about this (go onto amazon and type it in).

It is an excellent book for pre-school children, right up to adults - very touching and WELL worth investing in.

Shelley thank u so much for the advice on the book im def going to look it up and get it Thanks again

I like Peggys mission statement and the poster.

What about trying to cross reference the convention with ECM and the EYFS stage that might be a good way of looking at it - perhaps in diagram form to see how it all fits together and perhaps adding further analysis on how the law has change to concompass the revisions etc.. But hey I dont have to do it so good luck

Nikki

Thank you for your replies to this topic they have all helped me in trying to get myself ready for discussion plus my assignment.

il let u know how it goes even though im well nervous. advice has really helped me plus thie links u have given me il be doing alot of reading thanks again :o

Hiya I'm new to the site ,and was just having alook about.When I did my NVQ 3 I contacted UNICEF they were great and sent me loads of free stuff Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)