Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wedding Make-up Trial

Just had my trial and I hate it.

I rarely wear make-up so said I didn't want it too heavy. It's my eyes I can't bear - there's a VERY THICK layer of eye liner on my top eye lid.

I look awful.

At least you have had a trial, xD now you know what you DON'T want. :o

I would of thought they would go for the natural look if you have said you don't want a lot on, it will only irritate you on the day if you are not used to wearing it - you have to tell them Shelley, be bossy! :(

Edited by Guest

I used to be in the wedding industry in a prior life!! All I can say is try to be as 'normal' as yourself for the big day - If you're wearing make up that you're not 'comfortable' with it can ruin you big day - same goes for hair too. If you're not used to heavy make-up - don't go there!! No matter if everone else tells you you look good - if you're not happy, you are not going to be at your most confident.. and nothing should ruin your big day!

Hali had the right idea, doing it herself-bet she had a wonderful day as she was being herself, therefore more relaxed.

Have fun experimenting, and don't let things stress you!!

xxx

Oh no! They should have kept going till you got a style that suited you. I hardly ever wear make up so my lady did it so that it was heavy enough to show it was there but didn't feel like it.

Hope you can get it sorted before the big day.

Hi Shelley

What a good job you had a trial done! If you're not used to wearing make-up, it must have been a bit of a shock for you.

My daughter got married very recently (Bournemouth) and had her make-up done done by Virgin Vie. They did the bridesmaids and me too - my daughter looked beautiful (definitely not over the top) so did the bridesmaids and my younger daughter who is too young for make-up (12) had a little lip gloss, eye shadow, foundation and mascara and looked lovely - certainly very lightly done (or else I would have been none too pleased!).

And mine ???? Well it was different to what I usually wear but good, but the lipstick that was supposed to last for hours (I've yet to find one that really does!) didn't last long.

It is your day so you should have exactly what you feel comfortable with and not what the make-up artist thinks you should have.

Good luck - hope you find something that you are comfortable with - there's still enough time to find what's suitable, so please don't worry too much!

Shelley could you look through some magazines for good and bad makeup examples? Then the artist can not only see the look you want but also the look you dont want. I agree that she/he should have carried on until they found a look you liked.

Hi Shelley

What a good job you had a trial done! If you're not used to wearing make-up, it must have been a bit of a shock for you.

My daughter got married very recently (Bournemouth) and had her make-up done done by Virgin Vie. They did the bridesmaids and me too - my daughter looked beautiful (definitely not over the top) so did the bridesmaids and my younger daughter who is too young for make-up (12) had a little lip gloss, eye shadow, foundation and mascara and looked lovely - certainly very lightly done (or else I would have been none too pleased!).

And mine ???? Well it was different to what I usually wear but good, but the lipstick that was supposed to last for hours (I've yet to find one that really does!) didn't last long.

It is your day so you should have exactly what you feel comfortable with and not what the make-up artist thinks you should have.

Good luck - hope you find something that you are comfortable with - there's still enough time to find what's suitable, so please don't worry too much!

I'll ask my daughter which brand of lipstick she uses......it truly does last all day, she swears by it....i just can't remember which it is!

Thanks Narnia that would be great.

Going slightly off the original topic here I did find one I loved - Margaret Astor 330. They used to sell it in Boots and of course when I went in to buy some more they'd discontinued it. I've searched and searched the Internet but to no avail :o

Oh I have Wolfie! I've spent many hours searching the internet/ebay when I should have been working! I've been looking now for a couple of years! Even found someone searching on ebay for the same thing - I think the time has come for me to just accept that it's been discontinued and give up! xD But I don't like giving up !!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I'm just AWFUL at doing my own make-up, which is why I want someone else to do it.

Now I'm just burying my head in the sand - and hoping it'll miraculously sort itself!!!

Just a word of warning ... when I got married I had some individual eyelashes (on the recomendation of the makeup artist). Having never had anything like that before, I thought I would go with it ... what a mistake! They made my eyes continually water throughout the ceremony and all through the photographs (everyone just thought I was being overly emotional), and I ended up pulling them off ... but then I could only get one eye off, and was in the toilets with three of my friends trying to pull the blooming things off without damaging me. It was hilarious :o (well I had to find the funny side of it). I ended up taking all my makeup off and my friends re-applying it out of what they had in their makeup bags. Actually considering they are all different colourings to me ... I looked ok, and better than what the makeup artist had done!

So the moral of this story is ... go with what you are comfortable with DEFINATELY! It's really not worth stressing about it ... just go for another trial before the big day and get something you are comfortable (and happy) with.

Good luck!