Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flooded Classroom!

As I am moving from Yr 1 into reception in Sept I thought I would go into school at the beginning of the hols to get the classroom ready (you know... whilst still in work mode - always found this better in the past as I chill better for the rest of the holidays BUT....

Ha! - Not this time - toilet in classroom had faulty ballcock and has overfowed all over the classroom :o by the time I got there the caretaker had sucked up all the water but the WHOLE room is still soaking wet - it will take til september to dry and worse of all it really STINKS.

Head on holiday and deputy doesnt want to ok cleaning cost as she isn't sure whether it will be an insurance job and they will need to see it in its original state.

Was so excited about the move into Reception and this has put a real dampner on it (excuse the pun!)

Oh no that awful, Surely deupty not going wait till september before authorizing clean up??? Because its all going to take time! Dont worry it may work towards your advantage and you can waggling some money for redecorating or new stuff at the same time.

Hope it all works out

Oh that's awful. I can only imagine what the smell will be like before too long - lets hope your Head comes back soon and sorts it all out.

Like Akire says - perhaps there is a siver lining to this particular cloud. Always try to look on the bright side, I say! Let us know how you get on.

Maz

Thank you everyone - feeling calmer now..spent last 2 mornings in classroom painting and the smell seems to be easing off (or perhaps I'm just getting used to it ?!) starting to look a bit more habitable and I'm starting to look forward to September again :o

Why is it that when you go onto school in the holidays you always keep finding more jobs to do, over and above the list you had? Detemined not to go in next week!