Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half Day Nursery Timetable

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a copy of their Nursery timetable to show me please? In particular half day Nurseries. I have two classes - am and pm and I am in the middle of planning for September. Any ideas would be appreciated!! x :o

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a copy of their Nursery timetable to show me please? In particular half day Nurseries. I have two classes - am and pm and I am in the middle of planning for September. Any ideas would be appreciated!! x :o

Can't help much I'm afraid, littlemisssunshine - just noticed it was your first post and wanted to welcome you aboard!

Maz

Can't help either as I teach FS and Year 1 but welcome to the forum.

It's a bit slow over the summer but I am sure someone who can help will be along soon :o

Hi and welcome to the forum

I teach in a FSU with full time reception and pt nursery am/pm

The nursery children attend 9-11.30 and 12.45-3.15

The way we work

Children arrive with parents 8.50 choose activity

9.00- 9.30 registration and carpet session

9.30 - 11.00 (2 adult directed focused activities /free choice if not working with an adult)

11.00 tidy up followed by story/circle time /songs

11.30 parents collect children

the afternoon follows the same pattern

Our part-time routine looks like this:

9.10 / 12.40 - children come in with parents, greeted by keyworker, choose activities to share. Parents leave when ready and children choose own activity or work with keyworker.

9.40 / 1.10 - group time - carpet session

10.10 / 1.40 - activity time - free choice in & out, snack bar + focus activities

11.10 / 2.40 - small group time

11.25 / 2.55 - story or songs with keyworker

11.40/3.10 - home.

I'll be moving to Nursery from Reception in Sept and am planning something like this:

8.45 - children come in to free choice activities supported by TAs. Time for me to meet/talk woith parents. Registration to be done as they come in.

9.00 ish - (time keeping of parents is poor!) Mini activate then carpet session (10 mins)

9.15 - Free flow in and out. 1 adult to lead focus activity during this time. 1 adult support play in and 1 adult support play out. Outside adult to do a focus outside if appropriate.

10.15 -Snack / story and singing time. (May change this to a snack bar if it disrupts the morning/afternoon too much).

10.30 - Outdoor Learning (All children). Small group may stay behind for a targeted focus, e.g. EAL / social skills

Or sometimes whole group work, e.g. soft play in the hall.

11.00 - Carpet session and goodbye etc.

Hope this will work but will chnage it around if it doesn't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)