Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

8am This Morning- Were You There?

I was just wondering, how many fellow forum members are involved in Scouting or Guiding and were renewing their promises at 8am this morning.

We had a brilliant sleepover/camp ( all children were asleep by midnight and earliest riser was 5.30) then rounded it off with the sunrise ceremony in the blazing sunshine.

Not there myself but heard a lot about it on the radio ( centenary celebrations) and also aware of it because I rent my preschool hall from a scout group.

Don't know why but it seems to me that scouts have been around for longer than 100 years, here's wishing all scouters another successful 100+ years. :o

Peggy

As a Brown Owl, Im really pleased of all the coverage it has had on tv, but I wasnt up at 8am! But im not very well so think im excused! Amazing that it brings together people from all cultures, faiths, backgrounds. Im proud to be part of it

As a Brown Owl, Im really pleased of all the coverage it has had on tv, but I wasnt up at 8am! But im not very well so think im excused! Amazing that it brings together people from all cultures, faiths, backgrounds. Im proud to be part of it

Hear hear! My Brownies and I were invited to our local centenary celebrations - day camp visitors on one of the worst weather days I can remember. Unless you count the millennium scout camp when scout leaders were cayaking out of the car park!

Many congratulations one and all - and here's to our own centenary celebrations which I understand are in an advanced stage of planning...

Maz

I was in my car driving to work but listened to the great coverage by Five Live and renewed my promise as a former Brownie, Guide, Young Leader and Beaver Scout Leader (anyone would think that I liked kids :o )

I was fortunate enough to be in the Brownies when it was the 75th anniversary (now I feel old) and when I was at Guide Camp, we had a visit from Baden-Powell's grand daughter.

There is a lot of misrepresentation about the scout/guide movement, but it certainly stood me in good stead for being indpedent, learning leadership skills and showing empathy towards others.

Here's to the next 100 years!

Totally agree with running bunny's sentements if more children attended scouts and guides nowadays then we might not have the unsociable behaviour that we have and the need for all the ASBOS. I loved my time in the brownies and guides.

• 4 weeks later...